Last updated on May 4th, 2023
Online Bookmakers for Sports Betting in Nigeria
Sports betting in Nigeria never got easier, thanks to the presence of several top-notch bookmakers. Even the average ones are fast catching up with new and innovative features to satisfy player’s betting needs. We can say that the industry is in a good spot with many opportunities. You will be learnong about our top picks for online punters. So, let’s get started on the best bookmakers in Nigeria.
Best Online Bookmakers in Nigeria
up to ₦100,000
up to NGN500,000
How we Review the Bookmakers
Reputation is a primary indication of an online bookmaker’s capability. The best ones often get positive reviews from bettors, attesting to their seamless and efficient service. However, we go beyond the reputation of bookies when reviewing them. Our starting point is the operating license, which should be from a reputable body. Once we get the licensing and regulation out of the way, we focus on the features. We cover everything, from the available sports, markets, and odds to the payment methods, withdrawal times, and betting features like live streaming. The best bookies tend to score high in these areas, providing bettors with an impeccable platform for betting. Most importantly, they have outstanding odds that completely outshine the competition. Any recommendation we make must have passed through these test areas. For that reason, only the best bookmakers make it to our page, for you and our esteemed readers.
The Best Online Bookmakers in Nigeria
There are many options, but the following are the best online bookmakers for Nigerian bettors:
- Frapapa. Although pretty young, Frapapa has carved out a good spot among Nigerian bookies. It won the hearts of many with its extensive reach in football, volleyball, water polo markets. Notwithstanding, you can still find all the popular sports on the platform. This online bookie has one of the richest sports markets in the country. Players can access the odds and place bets on a desktop or mobile device. In addition, it has several licenses, including one from the National Lotteries Board.
- HelaBet brings global standards to Nigerian bettors, making it one of the best online bookies in the country. If the generous welcome bonus does not win you over, the in-play betting and competitive odds should do the job. You can find almost any imaginable sports league on this platform that came onto the scene in 2017. If you fancy esports, you will find a few options to satisfy the longing.
- Bet9ja. Live betting, competitive odds, and exciting bonuses and promotions are the hallmarks of Bet9ja. This bookie began operation in 2013 and has grown to be among the top-performing betting platforms. Bet9ja is a fully registered online bookie that offers many sports, like Formula 1, Rugby, Handball and betting markets. On the weekend, you could have up to 10,000 wagers on offer for bettors.
- Betbiga. This online bookie takes bets from physical games to virtual and fantasy worlds, including esports. You can find your favourite virtual games and fantasy sports to place bets without hassles. The bookmaker also offers live streaming and cash-out features, giving bettors more flexibility.
- WazooBet. This young online bookmaker is on its way to overtaking the leaders in the industry. It offers regular line updates, in-play betting, live streaming, and generous bonuses.
New Online Bookmakers in 2023
The online bookmaking industry is constantly expanding, bringing new opportunities and experiences. As a result, you can always expect a new player to add to the numbers. New online bookmakers tend to bring new features, causing the existing ones to step up their game. So, with that in mind, the following are the latest online bookies in 2023:
- Parimatch: This online bookie is taking the sports betting world by storm, thanks to its extensive experience. You may have heard of it recently, but this betting site has been operating since 2000. With live streaming on hundreds of events, it is an exciting platform.
- Gobet247: This bookmaker went live on May 2023, adding to the increasing number of indigenous sports betting sites. The welcome bonus is nothing but mind-boggling, and the features are what you would expect from top betting sites. Also, it covers many sports with an extensive football market.
Why you should Trust bestbookmakers.ng
Online sports betting is a booming industry, and with popularity comes fraud. Many bookmakers parade themselves as legit platforms, only to defraud unsuspecting bettors. Despite the broad reach of regulatory bodies to ensure fairness, some still fly below the radar. We take great care before listing any bookmaker on our site. Our team does its best to verify their licenses and review their betting markets and payment options. On that account, you can expect exceptional service on these platforms. We go through the hassles of reviewing online bookmakers, so you never have to stress yourself. All the intricate details like odds that enhance the betting experience never escape our watchful eyes. Online betting goes beyond just placing bets on sports. We believe website design, responsiveness, betting features, and mobile betting are part of the entire experience. So, we have you covered when it comes to giving you the best.
How to know that the Online Bookmaker is Legal or Not
As much as we would prefer otherwise, illegal online bookmakers are on the rise. They come with the promise of mouth-watering bonuses, outrageous odds, and unlimited betting markets. You can easily distinguish the legal bookmakers from the illegal ones. Customer reviews often point to a site’s legal status. You will find positive feedback for the legit ones, from the betting experience to the payments. On the other hand, users often complain about withdrawals on illegal platforms, which indicates their lack of accountability. For more solid proof of the legal status of an online bookmaker, you must check their licenses. It does not end with reading the site’s claim to being licensed by this or that body. You must verify the license to validate their claim. Licenses come with numbers you can quickly run on the licensing platform. If they are legal, their names will appear.
How to Sign Up in Online Bookmakers in Nigeria
Signing up for an online bookmaker in Nigeria is easy and should not take more than a few minutes. The process is straightforward and often self-explanatory. With that in mind, here are some requirements for registering:
- Age: Of course, according to the country’s laws, you must be of legal betting age. Most bookmakers will ask for ID cards to verify your age.
- Residential address: Betting online does not exempt you from providing your residential address. Also, you will provide documents that validate your inputted residential address. It could be a utility bill.
- Personal info: This is the easy part, as it requires information like your name, email address, mobile number, etc.
- Security question: Some online bookmakers will require a security question from you to enhance your account’s protection.
- Preferences: These include options like currency, odds format, betting limits, etc.
Once you understand the above information, the sign-up process becomes easier. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official webpage of the online bookmaker.
- Step 2: Find the register button and click it.
- Step 3: Complete the registration form.
- Step 4: Read and agree to the terms and conditions of the platform.
- Step 5: Click complete, sign-up, or register.