Last updated on May 4th, 2023
Esports Betting and Best Sportsbook
The world of esports delivers excitement to gamers and bettors globally. This dynamic market is bursting with potential. As a result, several sportsbooks now offer esports games to stay ahead of the curve. As esports continues to soar in popularity, bettors in this space must use reliable betting sites. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the world of esports and explore the fascinating world of competitive gaming. Get ready to take your betting game to the next level with our expert insights and analysis.
Top Sports Bookmakers for Betting eSports
Esports, or competitive video gaming, has become a significant part of the sports betting industry. As a result, many top sports bookmakers have started to offer betting options for esports. They offer various markets, competitive odds, and user-friendly interfaces. Researching and comparing different bookmakers before placing bets is beneficial. It ensures you are getting the best value for your money. Here are some of the best bookmakers for betting on esports:
- Konfambet: Konfambet is a relatively new betting platform offering various sports betting options, including eSports. Their eSports section covers popular games such as Dota 2, CS:GO, and League of Legends. In addition to eSports, Konfambet also offers a variety of other betting options, such as football, tennis, basketball, and more. They have a user-friendly interface and various payment options, including cryptocurrencies.
- Helabet: Helabet is a comprehensive online betting platform that caters to customers in several African countries including Nigeria. Their eSports section includes games such as CS:GO, Dota 2, Overwatch, and more. Helabet also offers traditional sports betting options, virtual sports, casino games, and live dealer games. The platform has a user-friendly interface and accepts various payment options, including mobile money and cryptocurrencies.
- Betking: Betking is a popular Nigerian platform offering sports and eSports betting options. Their eSports section covers popular games such as Dota 2, CS:GO, and FIFA. Betking also offers a range of sports betting options, virtual sports, and casino games.
- Bet9ja: Bet9ja is one of the largest betting platforms in Nigeria, with a significant presence in other African countries. Their eSports section includes games like Dota 2, CS:GO, and League of Legends. Bet9ja also offers traditional sports betting options, virtual sports, and casino games. The platform has a user-friendly interface; customers can access it via a mobile app or web browser.
How to Bet in eSports
ESports betting is like traditional betting, but it has certain peculiarities that can determine whether a punter is profitable or not. If you intend to bet on eSports, follow these steps.
- Pick a bookmaker: Register on any of the eSports betting platforms on our list to begin your gambling journey. Visit the registration page of your preferred platform and complete all processes required for opening a new account.
- Fund your betting account: Using the deposit page, select a payment option that you like to add funds to your betting account. The deposit process is usually straightforward. Follow the instructions to make your deposit.
- Select eSports and pick a tournament: Head to the eSports betting page and select the betting markets most appealing. Decide what you want to bet on, enter your stake, and confirm it. If you win, head to the bookmaker’s withdrawal section to claim your winnings.
Which Markets to Bet in eSports in Nigeria
- League of Legends: League of Legends (LoL) is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game released in 2009 by Riot Games. In LoL, players compete in 5v5 matches where they must destroy the opposing team’s base. As an eSport, League of Legends is played at major international tournaments, and bookmakers give punters odds for wagering on matches.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is a first-person shooter (FPS) game released in 2012 by Valve Corporation. In CS:GO, two teams of five players compete in matches where they must complete objectives to win. Players can access various weapons and equipment to gain an advantage over opponents. At major tournaments like the Intel Extreme Masters, punters can place bets and win.
- FIFA: FIFA is a series of football simulation games that EA Sports develop. In FIFA, players control virtual football teams and compete in matches. The game features a range of real-life football teams and players, allowing players to create custom teams and players. FIFA is played at major tournaments such as the FIFA eWorld Cup.
- Dota 2: Dota 2 is a multiplayer online game released in 2013 by Valve Corporation. In Dota 2, two teams of five players compete in matches to destroy the opposing team base. Dota 2 is played at major tournaments such as The International. These events provide betting opportunities.
Markets to Bet eSports around the World
- Fortnite: Fortnite is a battle royale game that has quickly become one of the most popular esports titles in the world. Some popular markets to bet on Fortnite esports include matchwinner, handicap, and total maps/rounds played.
- Overwatch: Overwatch is a team-based first-person shooter game played professionally worldwide. Some popular markets to bet on Overwatch esports include match winner, map winner, and the first team to score a certain number of points.
- Rainbow 6: Rainbow 6 is a tactical shooter game played on five teams. Some popular markets to bet on Rainbow 6 esports include match winner, map winner, and the first team to reach a certain number of rounds won.
- Rocket League: Rocket League is a vehicular soccer game played by three teams. Some popular markets to bet on Rocket League esports include match winner, handicap, and total goals scored.
- Apex Legends: Apex Legends is a battle royale game recently gaining popularity. Some popular markets to bet on Apex Legends esports include match winner, total rounds played, and the first team to reach a certain number of kills.
- Starcraft: Starcraft has been a competitive real-time strategy game for over two decades. Some popular markets to bet on Starcraft esports include matchwinner, handicap, and total maps played.
Glossary on betting at eSports
- Avatar: The in-game character chosen and controlled by each player.
- Backdoor: A tactic where a player sneaks behind an opponent undetected to gain an advantage.
- Bait: A technique where a player pretends to be vulnerable or sacrifices themselves to trick an opponent into a disadvantageous situation.
- Best-of-X: A format where a maximum number of games is played in a match. Standard formats are best-of-three or best-of-five, with the team winning most games (2/3 or 3/5) declared the winner.
- Hit Points (HP): A character’s health, starting at 100 and decreasing with each hit until reaching zero, resulting in the character’s death.