Last updated on February 6th, 2024
Best Bookmakers Online for Nigeria February 2024
Online sports betting in Nigeria offers ease in placing bets and features that enhance the experience. Some you cannot find in physical retail betting shops. Also, you can bet anywhere, anytime, provided you have a smartphone and internet connectivity. That is how simple online sports betting has become in Nigeria. We will bring you up to speed on the latest, including the best sites, apps, and bonuses.
Top Online Bookmakers in Nigeria
- Has a statistics feature to learn about past performances
- New players can use the “Bet Mentor” to get suggestions.
- Live scores are available for games.
- Has a broad sports betting market.
- The deposit methods have zero transaction fees.
up to ₦100,000
- Mobile friendly online sportsbook
- Great odds
- Attractive bonuses and promotions
- In-play betting support
- attractive welcome bonus
- Helabet livescore feature
- 24/7 customer support
- The sportsbook is available as an Android application.
- It features a dozen sports in its live betting section.
- The bonuses and promotions are generous.
- Players can use Bitcoin on the platform.
- The sportsbook offers many bonuses to players.
- It has a mobile application for Android and iOS users.
- Telephone support is available for quick response.
- There is live streaming support.
- The platform has a statistics feature for in-depth analysis.
- Players can place in-play bets on several sports.
- The sportsbook has several betting markets.
- It offers a mobile-compatible betting platform.
- The interface is user-friendly and intuitive.
- It supports in-play sports betting.
- There is round-the-clock customer service.
- The platform simulates live matches.
up to NGN500,000
Sports Betting Apps for February 2024
Mobile apps offer a versatility that exceeds that of in-browser sites. The handiness and swift syncing allow players to place bets, monitor markets, and live stream matches on the go. As a result, sports betting mobile apps have become integral to the experience. There are a dozen mobile sports betting apps for Nigerians. Most carry over the operators’ services, from the websites to the applications. That means you will find all the features on the main websites on the Android or iOS app, plus even more functionalities. Betting through mobile apps can be fun. With mobile apps, you can effortlessly integrate your payment options with your e-wallets. One benefit of that is swift payment, especially when withdrawing. With that in mind, the following are reputable sports betting apps for Nigerians in 2023:
Although the functionalities of web apps have come a long way, mobile apps are still more efficient. When deciding on which app to use, always look at its user-friendliness. The last thing you want is challenging navigation when trying to place bets on a game.
Which are Best Sports Betting Sites in Nigeria?
There are dozens of sports betting sites, but only a few stand out. They include:
- Betbiga: has a user-friendly website that is suitable for beginners. Players have extensive betting options, covering a variety of sports and games. Also, new players can enjoy the generous welcome offer, provided they meet the minimum deposit requirement. The live betting option is available to keep players in the loop. However, Betbiga’s eSports section is underwhelming, and the site does not offer an Asian Handicap betting option.
- Bet9ja: This sports betting site has an industry-standard platform. The available payment options can give fast transactions in withdrawals and deposits. With competitive odds and a rich sportsbook, Bet9ja is the site to beat. Notwithstanding, it does not offer many promotions for its players.
- N1bet: N1bet brings live streaming options with impressive odds in its football market. Asides from its well-designed platform, it does not have many betting markets, and the promotions are few.
- Paripesa: Indeed, Betking lives up to its name because it has some of the biggest odds in the country. Players will find surplus markets and multiple betting options for upcoming games and matches. Also, the online support team is responsive, and the cashout offers are mind-blowing. Paripesa does not have a live streaming option despite winning in many aspects. Its email customer service is less responsive than the online team.
- Helabet: This sports betting site has a spectacular welcome bonus, competitive odds, and virtual and esports betting. However, the site needs an update, and the withdrawal times could be better.
- Wazobet: This platform has a buffet of promotions for new and regular players. It provides an excellent betting service with an extensive selection of sports and casino games. Nevertheless, the website is sluggish and cluttered.
Bonuses and Offers in Sports Betting
Like in every other competitive market, online sports betting sites must strive to attract players. They might have well-designed websites with Android and iOS apps, but that is secondary. The only way to woo players is to boost marketing and promotion. One way to do that is through bonuses and offers for new and existing players. Once they find the deals irresistible, they register on such sites and place bets. It is a simple case of winning players over with spicy deals.
The match bonus is one of the most common offers on sports betting sites. Several sportsbooks offer different percentages, but it is not uncommon to see 200%. The sweet spot for most bookies is a 100% match bonus, which adds 100% of your deposit to your gaming account. With match bonuses, you can place bets above your initial deposit. However, before accepting the offers, you must be aware of the wagering requirements.
Another typical bonus in sports betting is cashback. Most online sportsbooks will give players a certain percentage of their deposit back after placing wagers. That way, the players have extra cash to place more bets.
All bonuses in sports betting fall into two categories; welcome and promotional deals. The former is only available to new players who sign-up and make a minimum deposit. It often serves as the point of attraction for these bookies. The promotional deals serve only registered players and could be daily or weekly. Most sportsbooks offer weekly deals to keep the bets flowing and make the experience more rewarding. With that in mind, you must scrutinize the welcome offers and promotions before deciding on a sportsbook. That way, you will grab as much value as possible when registering with a new one. Stay tune in our blog section or news to get all the latest.
Online Sports Betting & Apps vs Offline Shops in Nigeria
Before the advent of online sports betting and apps, players fulfilled their needs in offline shops. The experience is not entirely palatable, even though offline shops still exist today. Players often had to go long distances to place bets on games. Today, you can effortlessly pick up your phone and place bets on ongoing matches. Simplicity and portability are things that overwhelm the experience of using offline shops. To mention a few, here are some advantages of online sports betting and apps:
- Players have up-to-date information on upcoming and current matches.
- Online sports betting sites have relatively more valuable bonus offers for new and regular players.
- Some platforms provide analysis tools for players to gauge the games more efficiently.
- Live streaming, in-game betting, and other features allow more betting flexibility.
Online sports betting and apps are miles ahead of offline shops.
How to Choose the Best Sports Betting Site?
Despite the buffet of online sports betting sites, some players are still perplexed when picking the best. It is understandable, given the sheer number of features and bonus offers. However, there are things you should consider first before looking at the features and bonuses.
Choosing the best sports betting site begins with picking a licensed platform. As much as we wish it were untrue, many sites parade themselves as legit without verifiable licenses. Such platforms have no accountability, and the payout is usually a bone of contention.
Picking a licensed site guarantees you will get payouts, which brings us to the next point. Choose one with the quick payment options. We know you want withdrawals to be as fast as deposits.
There are several payment options, and only the best sports betting sites offer quick ones. So, take a moment to skim their payment methods before registering and depositing.
Once you get the license and payment options out of the way, the next thing you should consider is the betting option. This aspect is crucial if you want to enjoy your betting experience and have extensive and ample ways to make money.
How to Start Betting?
Sports betting is not as complex as some might think. Of course, you must understand betting markets to know which bets to place. However, that in itself is not a challenging concept to learn. The following steps will help you bet safely and responsibly:
- Allocate your budget and ensure it is an amount you do not mind losing.
- Choose a sports betting site and register.
- Get some background information on the sport of your interest. Most sites provide historical data on wins and other stats.
- Learn the betting markets available for that sport.
- Pick an odd for the sport and place your wager.
Most Common Terms in Sports Betting
Sports betting can get confusing if you do not know its terms. Like in every industry, professionals communicate using certain words and phrases particular to that industry. So, let us get you up to speed on the most common terms in sports betting. They include but are not limited to the following:
- Bet: It is also known as stake or wager and refers to the amount of money players place on an odd.
- Odd: This term means the probability of a match having a particular outcome.
- Sportsbook: A sportsbook is a platform for sports betting.
- Accumulator bet: It refers to one bet with multiple selections.
- Bad Beat: This term means losing a bet even with high odds.
- Future bet: It entails wagering on a future outcome, like who would win the world cup.
- Moneyline bet: This involves betting on an outright winner or loser without a point spread.
- Point spread: This term refers to the margin or probability of victory. Bookmakers set the spread for games.
- Total bet: Instead of betting on the outright winner, players can bet on the total points or goals at the end of the game.
Strategies and Systems of Sports Betting
The element of chance will always be present in all sports betting. One can never be 100% certain of the outcome of a game or match. However, you can use specific strategies and systems to minimize your losses and have improved chances of winning. One of the most proven strategies is studying or analyzing historical data, like in some great leagues like Champions or Conference League or the Spanish La Liga. Doing this will give you an insight into teams’ past performances and can even show a winning pattern if there is one. It takes a while and a lot of patience to analyze stats before placing bets, but it is often helpful.
Another thing you should do is respect your bankroll. There is no need to chase losses, as that often leads to more losses. Respect your budget for a gaming session and stick to it, or use betting tools to set loss limits. One strategy that would help you in the long run is line shopping. Because you found a line early, that does not make it the best one. Spend ample time searching different nigerian sportsbooks to compare their lines. That is the most effective way to get the best results. Ultimately, relax and do not be scared of taking a break.