Last updated on September 12th, 2023
Live Betting in Nigeria
Live betting presents unique opportunities to sports bettors—the kind you will not get from betting pre-match. You can take the time to study a game’s progress before making your predictions. It can bring more benefits and flexibility than predicting a match’s outcome before it begins.Finding the right sportsbook is the most crucial step before using live betting tips. Many bookies only allow live bets on a few sports; even then, they have fewer markets and betting odds. So, you need a more robust approach to knowing how live betting works.We will start by diving into live betting in Nigeria before making some sportsbook recommendations. Then, you will learn the best betting types and their strategies. Let’s get right into it.
Online Bookmakers in Nigeria for Live Bet September 2023
up to ₦100,000
What is Live Betting in Nigeria?
Live betting involves betting on events during a match’s duration. Once you understand how it works, the rest of the process is the same as the usual way to place bets. The primary difference would be the available markets, something we will address later in this piece.
Which are the Top 4 Bookmakers Nigerians bet
- It has live streaming with a lineup and stats.
- The bookmaker is available as a mobile application.
- Bettors can check the live score.
- The interface is user-friendly and intuitive.
- It supports in-play sports betting.
- There is round-the-clock customer service.
- The platform simulates live matches.
- The platform has information on previous encounters.
- It shows the winning streaks of competing teams.
- There is vocal commentary for extra flair.
- The platform has a statistics feature for in-depth analysis.
- Players can place in-play bets on several sports.
- The sportsbook has several betting markets.
- It offers a mobile-compatible betting platform.
- The sportsbook offers a live chat function and great sports like formula 1 and golf.
- It accepts payments through Visa, MasterCard, Paystack, Verve, Interswitch, etc.
- There is a partnership with several local banks.
- The sportsbook offers many bonuses to players.
- It has a mobile application for Android and iOS users.
- Telephone support is available for quick response.
- There is live streaming support.
- It has a bet builder feature.
- The sportsbook is available on Google Play and App Store.
- As payment options, it supports several banks, including Zenith, GTBank, and UBA.
Live streaming is one of the essential features of live betting. It allows bettors to monitor a match’s progress on the same platform while placing wagers. Then, you can combine it with the match statistics, like possession and shots on target, to make predictions. Some bookmakers provide live game markets, live streaming, and bet slips on a single screen. They might have a different layout for smaller screens like smartphones, but the all-in-one experience is unrivaled. With these bookies, it is easy to go from asking, “What is live betting on sports?” to becoming an expert bettor.
Which are the Best Types of Live Betting
A match might be in play, but you can still get sizable markets to place your bets. The Nigerian live betting market has enough options to get you going in the first and second halves. Even extra time could cough up some wagers. The markets will expand into other options as you select more sports. You can bet on live games in football, basketball, volleyball, ice hockey, baseball, handball, and beach volley.
With that in mind, here are the best types of live betting:
- Next goal
This term involves betting on the team to score the next goal or point. It may vary depending on the sport.
- Team to win the rest of the match
This bet predicts the team that will end the match on top. It is similar to picking an outright winner before the game starts.
- Neither team to score
Bettors can also predict a goal or point drought throughout the match.
- 2nd half total
This bet is often available during the second half and points to the number of goals or points.
- Draw no bet
The draw-no bet remains a safe bet. If there is a tie, they will receive a refund. However, the odds keep changing as the match progresses.
- Correct score
As the game progresses, bets on the correct score will be available. Again, their odds will vary according to the gameplay.
This bet involves betting on the range of a scoreline. Either the game’s scores will end above this line or below it.
Pros and Cons of Live Betting
The following are the pros and cons of live betting in Nigeria:
- It allows for more insights into a match’s progress before betting.
- Punters can win large scores with quick intuition and analysis.
- There is an opportunity to place cover bets in the game.
- Extensive analytics is available.
- The odds might fluctuate during live betting.
- It restricts thorough research before staking.
- There is little time to develop a winning strategy.
- In-play wagering is not available for all games.
Best Strategy for Live Betting in Nigeria
Live betting allows bettors to see the favorites to win a game. It could be from their performance or an outright lead in goals or points. However, jumping to conclusions is not prudent when placing in-game bets. The best strategy for in-play bets is to pay attention to their flow. While you can have both teams at an impasse, one often outshines the other in performance. Then, that becomes an indicator of the most likely outcome of the match. Other valuable tips that should be part of your strategy include the following:
- Bet in the last 15 mins
By this time, the match often has a clear favorite. The underdogs may still put up a good fight, but you can always review how many chances they create.
- Watch the odds
Bookmakers constantly change the odds as matches progress. For instance, favorites to win at the start of the game may become underdogs. Watching the odds will give you a quick indication of which team has the most chances.
- What out for changes
A losing team might make subtle adjustments that put them back in the game. It could be substitutions, a change in formation, a change in gameplay, etc. You must pay attention to them to make the most informed decision.