Last updated on April 17th, 2023
Basketball Betting – Everything You Need to Know
Basketball is one of the most popular sports, with leagues worldwide. Together, they provide an exclusive experience to sports bettors locally and globally. Basketball betting is popular among sportsbooks, but you must know a few things. Betting on basketball involves surfing through different markets to find the most suitable. While the odds are significant, one must settle for a specific market. Thankfully, basketball has several ways to warm up your bets and help you maximize the odds. It is one thing to find a good market, and another to find a suitable sportsbook. So, we’ll talk about the best sportsbooks for betting on basketball before getting into the different markets. With that in mind, let us get started on everything you need to know about betting on basketball.
Top Sports Bookmakers for Betting Basketball
- Has a statistics feature to learn about past performances
- New players can use the “Bet Mentor” to get suggestions.
- Live scores are available for games.
- Has a broad sports betting market.
- The deposit methods have zero transaction fees.
up to ₦100,000
- Mobile friendly online sportsbook
- Great odds
- Attractive bonuses and promotions
- In-play betting support
- Multiple payment methods
- User-friendly site
- 24/7 customer support
- attractive welcome bonus
- Helabet livescore feature
- 24/7 customer support
- Easy registration
- Attractive welcome bonus and promos
- Great odds
- The sportsbook is available as an Android application.
- It features a dozen sports in its live betting section.
- The bonuses and promotions are generous.
- Players can use Bitcoin on the platform.
- The sportsbook offers many bonuses to players.
- It has a mobile application for Android and iOS users.
- Telephone support is available for quick response.
- There is live streaming support.
- The platform has a statistics feature for in-depth analysis.
- Players can place in-play bets on several sports.
- The sportsbook has several betting markets.
- It offers a mobile-compatible betting platform.
- The interface is user-friendly and intuitive.
- It supports in-play sports betting.
- There is round-the-clock customer service.
- The platform simulates live matches.
up to NGN500,000
- There is a bet9ja mobile app
- Bet9ja livescore feature
- Competitive odds
These sportsbooks have licenses to provide sports betting services globally and locally. As a result, you can settle in without fear of scams. Security is paramount to the basketball betting experience. These bookmakers deliver premium features that flow seamlessly from PCs to smartphones. Thanks to their mobile compatibility, you can wager on the top league games without missing a beat. Everything runs smoothly to give users an unrivaled experience. The betting market is another crucial feature in which the top sports bookmakers excel. You will find enough to satisfy your cravings for a sizable bet. Nonetheless, we will go over that further in this article.
How to Bet on Basketball
Experienced sports bettors will quickly drop a few bets on basketball games. Nevertheless, the process is relatively easy and does not take long to master. You can learn it on your first try without making mistakes. Here are the steps to betting on basketball:
- Pick a bookmaker
All sports betting occurs at bookmakers, whether online or offline. They are licensed providers featuring various games, markets, and odds. All it takes to get started is a quick registration and a minimum deposit. You might even get free bets as welcome bonuses when you sign up and fund your account. Nevertheless, the first step to betting on basketball is to pick a bookmaker.
- Fund your account
Make sure you have enough money in your account before you start betting on basketball. Bets will only go through if you have a sufficient balance. Hence, use the available payment methods to fund your account before placing wagers.
- Select Basketball
Online bookmakers often have several sports, including football, rugby, tennis, etc. Scan the section and select basketball. Also, some may have basketball in the betting section for quick access.
- Select a game and the market
Once you are in the basketball section, select a game. For some, you might need to choose a league before accessing the games. Whichever method is used, choosing games comes before picking the wagering market. Once you’ve found a game, you can click on it and choose your favorite market. We’ll talk more about basketball betting markets in the next section.
- Pick an odd and place your bet
The final step is to pick an odd and place your wager. Once you bet, the bookmaker will deduct the equivalent amount from your bankroll.
Which Markets to Bet on Basketball in Nigeria
The Nigerian market for basketball is relatively extensive, and you will find more than enough options. All the famous markets are available, with a few extras to spice up the experience. With that in mind, the following are basketball betting markets in Nigeria:
- 2 Way
- Over and Under
- 3 Way
- 1st Half – points spread
- 1st Half – 1X2
- Double chance HT
- 1st Half – Draw no bet
- Margin home
- Margin away
- 1st Half – odd/even points
The Over/Under betting market is possibly the most extensive in basketball betting. It incorporates the total points at the end of the game, but some bookmakers add more spice. You can bet on the total points for each team in a match. There is also an option to bet on the possibility of extra time. You will find many more markets when you visit our listed sportsbooks.
Markets to Bet Basketball Around the World
You can bet on international markets to extend your reach. There are several basketball games, leagues, and tournaments worldwide. Hence, finding a betting market for the game is easy. The following are some famous markets for basketball betting:
- Exact points difference
- Individual 3Way Total 1
- European handicap
- Asian handicap
- Regular time double chance
- Team wins
- Score in interval
- Player Stat
- Bet Builder
Again, the number of basketball betting markets you have depends on the sportsbooks. Some have more, while others have less.
Glossary on Betting at Basketball
Basketball might be one of the most accessible sports to bet on, but you should know a few things. There are terms associated with this betting type, and they include the following:
- Totals. This term refers to the total points in a game from both teams. A bookmaker will enter a number, such as 180. Then, bettors will bet on the total points to go beyond or fall below that.
- Money Line. This bet involves picking an outright winner. Bettors place bets using the odds the bookmakers provide on their betting platforms.
- Parlay betting. Bettors can combine bets from several matches into a single bet slip. However, payouts come if all the stakes win.
- First-half bet. This bet occurs in the first half and could involve totals, money line, points spread, etc.
- Push. It refers to a tie between the bookmaker and the bettor. It means that no action has occurred. Hence, the bettor gets a refund.
- Proposition bets. This wager involves events that may occur during a basketball match. It does not affect the outcome.
- Line. It refers to the odds a bookmaker offers for a specific event.
- Even money. Betting on this odd offers the opportunity to gain as much as the stake.
- In-play bets. It involves betting once a match has commenced. The odds will vary as the game progresses.
- Odds against. Odds against give bettors a chance to win more than their stake.