Last updated on April 24th, 2023
Rugby Betting – Everything You Need to Know
Rugby enthusiasts worldwide are gearing up for another season of thrilling matches, hard-hitting tackles, and heart-stopping moments. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or a casual spectator, the excitement and energy surrounding this fast-paced and fiercely competitive sport can be infectious. Rugby lovers who like to take their passion to the next level use the betting opportunity to test their knowledge and win real money. In this article, we closely examine some of the best sportsbooks for rugby betting. We will identify the peculiar features of each sports bookmaker and highlight their perks.
Top Sports Bookmakers for Betting Rugby
Selecting the right rugby betting site is the most fundamental aspect of enjoying rugby betting. We have tons of reviews on the best betting sites that you should check out. We select the best rugby betting site based on how they help the punter with bonuses, security, support and banking methods. Check out the 5 best rughy betting sites below:
- Bet9ja: Bet9ja is one of Nigeria’s largest and most popular sports betting platforms. They offer various sports and markets to bet on, including Rugby. Bet9ja’s rugby betting options cover international and domestic matches, and users can bet on outcomes like match-winner, handicap, and total points.
- N1Bet: We know what you’re thinking; “is N1Bet legit?”. And the answer is simple. Because besides being licensed by the National Lottery Regulatory Commission, on N1bet, you’ll get access to most of the rugby tournaments to bet on. But even better, you’ll get this wide range of gambling possibilities with great banking methods, bonus offers, and other exciting features.
- Betbonanza: Although they are new to the Nigerian gambling space, Betbonanza has quickly gained popularity for its wide range of sports and betting options. Rugby is one of the sports covered by Betbonanza, and users can bet on matches from around the world, and they offer amazing odds and a user-friendly interface.
- Betbiga: Betting on rugby at Betbiga is seamless because the platform has an excellent mobile compatibility feature that allows you to stake on your favourite rugby teams on the go. With their cashout option, player can take their profit from their rugby bet even before the game is completed at Betbiga.
- Wazobet: Wazzobet covers a wide range of sports, including rugby betting. They also have great promotional offers, plus they allow you bet with Bitcoin. Our in-depth Wazzobet is a great place to get started wagering on rugby!
How to Bet on Rugby
Like traditional sports betting, rugby betting entails predicting the outcome of a Rugby match. Bookmarkers offer betting markets and rugby odds from various events, and punters place bets accordingly. For consistent wins, a punter must first understand Rugby’s gameplay and the types of bets available.
- Select a Sportsbook: Choose a reputable bookmaker that offers rugby betting options and has a good reputation for fairness, security, and reliability.
- Create and Fund your Account: Create an account by filling out the required information and verifying your identity. Add funds to your account using a preferred deposit option from the platform’s range of payment options.
- Bet on Rugby Markets: Navigate to the rugby betting section, where you can find various rugby betting options, including different markets and tournaments. Choose your bet, enter your stake, and confirm your bet. After placing your bet, monitor the match closely to see if you win.
Which Markets to Bet in Rugby in Nigeria
Rugby is a popular sport in Nigeria, and many Nigerians enjoy placing bets on rugby matches. If you are interested in betting on Rugby in Nigeria, there are a few markets that you should consider. Here are some of the popular rugby betting markets in Nigeria:
- Match winner: This market offers the most straightforward bets. Punters can easily place bets on the team they think will win. It is easy to understand and can provide good returns if you choose the right team.
- Handicap betting: This market is used to level the playing field between two unevenly matched teams. In this market, a handicap is applied to one team to give them a theoretical advantage.
For example, if Team A is favored to win over Team B, a handicap of -7.5 points may be applied to Team A. This means that Team A must win by at least 8 points for a bet on them to be successful.
- Total points: In this market, you bet on the total number of points that will be scored in the match. You can either bet on the total points for one or both teams combined. This market can be unpredictable but can offer good returns if you choose the right option.
- First Tryscorer: This market allows you to bet on which player will score the first try in the match. This market can be risky but can offer great returns if you choose the right player.
- Winning margin: In this market, you bet on the margin by which the winning team will win. For example, if you bet on a winning margin of 1-5 points, the winning team must win by a margin of 1-5 points for your bet to be successful.
Markets to Bet Rugby around the World
There are many markets available for betting on Rugby around the world, including:
- Half-Time/Full-Time Result: This is where you bet on the result at half-time and the result at full-time
- Anytime Tryscorer: This is where you bet on a player to score a try at any point in the match
- Match Winner
- Handicap Betting
- Total Points
- Winning Margin
- First Tryscorer
Glossary in Betting at Rugby
- Double Result: Betting on which team will lead at half-time and full-time.
- Futures Bet: Betting on an event that will take place in the future, such as a tournament or competition winner.
- Handicap: The point difference a bookmaker gives to one team to level the playing field.
- Handicap Betting: Betting on a team to cover the handicap given to them by the bookmaker.
- In-Play Betting: Placing bets while the match is in progress.
- Moneyline Bet: Betting on which team will win the match outright.
- Odds: The probability of an event expressed as a ratio or a fraction.
- Outright Winner: The team that wins the tournament or competition overall.
- Over/Under Bet: Betting on whether the total points scored in the match will be over or under a certain amount.
- Total Points: The number of points both teams score in a match.